RestonLogic is seeking to expand our current team! We are looking for Jr / Mid-level Cloud Engineers who will be part of our infrastructure engineering team. You’ll be part of team supporting R&D (research and development) activities such as identifying, testing and documenting innovative cloud products and services for a federal agency.
Work Location: Ashburn VA (Remote until Covid19 situation improves)
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Clearance: Nice to have.
Expected Travel: 0 %
Term: Full-time with benefits (3-weeks’ vacation, 401(K))
Start Date: ASAP
- Conduct research and evaluation of products and services in the areas of Data Engineering, automation, Blockchain, AWS services, Machine Learning etc. However, prior experience in any of these areas is not mandatory.
- Analyze best practices and standards and develop niche industry skills. For instance, you may be asked to take a lead on NoSQL databases or identifying application vulnerabilities or integrating security tools in build pipelines
- Develop documentation, present findings, discuss results with management
- Advise stakeholders and translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions.
- Write automation, monitoring, diagnostic and debugging tools
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2-4 years of industry experience as Linux, Windows, Cloud or equivalent education.
- Can write simple automation scripts from scratch in Python and Bash
- Can troubleshoot code written in Python, Java, C, Golang or other strongly typed languages
- Quickly setup proof-of-concept (POC) environments to conduct experiments and run tests
- Understand basic networking concepts
- Develop tooling and improve processes to automate monitoring, metrics collection and analysis
- Handle multiple work streams across customer engagements
- Planning future phases and supporting customer deployments and environments
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is highly desired. Entry level certification such as AWS Cloud practitioner helpful
- Experience with Linux OS, security principles
- Familiar with design principles of monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience researching industry standard security best practices
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional environment
Job Type: Full-time
This position is 100% remote until Covid-19 improves and then in Ashburn VA
Technical Application Architect will work closely with the team in their efforts to migrate applications from legacy system to cloud.I’m looking for someone that has an application and database development background, who rose through the ranks to become a technical application architect, who has worked on a large scale cloud migration where they have been responsible for re-platforming and re-factoring application on Azure using cloud native services. Experience containerizing applications with Kubernetes a major plus. Experience with AKS, Docker and/or OpenShift great. Experience using Azure App Services to host Web Apps great. Using Azure VM’s not good.
Client is at a point where their cloud platforms are maturing and the underlying services are defined. Now they are focusing on how best to host their applications and deciding what modernization, optimization, and/or re-factoring should be done when moving to the public cloud.
.net,sql,application migration,applications architecture,azure,cloud,microsoft,o365
Technical Applications Architect
Top Skills Details
1. Experience migrating 50+ Applications from Legacy systems to Azure Cloud
2. Expertise with Microsoft Apps (o365, .net, sql, etc.)
3. Experience with AKS, Docker, and/or OpenShift
4.Experience using Azure App Services to host Web Apps
-Can be mostly remote if not in range of the office. Will definitely be remote to start.
Additional Skills Tags
.net,sql,application migration,applications architecture,azure,cloud,microsoft,o365Additional Skills & Qualifications
-Insurance industry experience is not required but a plus
-Needs to be in Eastern Time Zone, preferably close enough to Stamford to come into the office if need be.
-Experience with Kubernetes is a major plus
Impact to the Internal/External Customer
Migration will be a cost effective and modern way to utilize their extensive amount of applications.
Position: Software Developer
Years of Experience: 16+
Work location: Virtual, potential to travel up to 10%
Clearance Needed: None, must be a US Citizen and reside in the United States
The Product Development organization is seeking a Full Stack Software Developer to join a fast-paced agile software development team that builds and supports a variety of highly scalable data management and analytic platforms. This position will work within an AWS development environment and develop software to enhance a web application with RESTful services and API’s to expose data. Responsibilities include participating in the full development lifecycle (planning, design, development and support), working to configure the AWS platform on which the application(s) are built, debugging issues across the environments, supporting feature development to complete roadmap capabilities, and potentially building upon a prototype to provide additional features and functionality.
Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering; or a combination of related work experience, technical training, and professional certifications.
- – Java
- – Python
- – Spring Framework
- – Web App development
Web Development Skills
- – AWS
- – Vue
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Skills
- – CloudFormation
- – CloudTrail
- – Config
- – RDS
Web Development Skills
- – Azure
- – GCP