RestonLogic is seeking to expand our current team! We are looking for Jr / Mid-level Cloud Engineers who will be part of our infrastructure engineering team. You’ll be part of team supporting R&D (research and development) activities such as identifying, testing and documenting innovative cloud products and services for a federal agency.
Work Location: Ashburn VA (Remote until Covid19 situation improves)
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Clearance: Nice to have.
Expected Travel: 0 %
Term: Full-time with benefits (3-weeks’ vacation, 401(K))
Start Date: ASAP
- Conduct research and evaluation of products and services in the areas of Data Engineering, automation, Blockchain, AWS services, Machine Learning etc. However, prior experience in any of these areas is not mandatory.
- Analyze best practices and standards and develop niche industry skills. For instance, you may be asked to take a lead on NoSQL databases or identifying application vulnerabilities or integrating security tools in build pipelines
- Develop documentation, present findings, discuss results with management
- Advise stakeholders and translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions.
- Write automation, monitoring, diagnostic and debugging tools
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2-4 years of industry experience as Linux, Windows, Cloud or equivalent education.
- Can write simple automation scripts from scratch in Python and Bash
- Can troubleshoot code written in Python, Java, C, Golang or other strongly typed languages
- Quickly setup proof-of-concept (POC) environments to conduct experiments and run tests
- Understand basic networking concepts
- Develop tooling and improve processes to automate monitoring, metrics collection and analysis
- Handle multiple work streams across customer engagements
- Planning future phases and supporting customer deployments and environments
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is highly desired. Entry level certification such as AWS Cloud practitioner helpful
- Experience with Linux OS, security principles
- Familiar with design principles of monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience researching industry standard security best practices
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional environment
Job Type: Full-time
This position is 100% remote until Covid-19 improves and then in Ashburn VA